Sunday, 24 March 2013

Peg & Pig's Kitchen - Tapioca Fryums

Been a while since I wrote about the experiments at our little kitchen. Well, we visited a few restaurants, but haven't had the time to compile reviews of the restaurants. However, our terrace garden blog is up-to-date; thanks to summer, we have a lot of flowers blooming!

Remembered how my brother and I would help my mom when she made fryums at home. Yesterday I made tapioca fryums; in the regional language, known as Sabbakki Sandige. With so much sunlight falling on the terrace, I decided to make the best out of summer. The previous night I soaked half a kilogram of tapioca in water (in a large pan). In the morning, cooked the soaked tapioca (in the water that was used for soaking); added more water and sufficient salt. In a mixer, ground green chillies, and mixed it to the tapioca mixture. Kept stirring the mixture so that it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan and burn.


After the mix was ready, put a spoonful in rows and columns on clean plastic sheets, and kept them to dry in direct sunlight. Yes, I had to guard the raw fryums against birds and squirrels. At the end of the day, peeled the semi-dried fryums and turned them around. This morning kept the semi-dried fryums for drying. By evening, the fryums were ready to be fried. They fried well and tasted great!


Regards,
Asha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. We would love to read your comment/feedback/reviews. Leave us one!