Wednesday, 23 January 2013

Peg & Pig's Kitchen - Veg Samosa

I was feeling slightly under the weather today, and stayed back at home all day long. Gave me a change to update all my blog sites: Gardening, Travelogue, and this blog. I set a record of updating all the blogs on a single day; yay! :-)

My brother visited me, and well, I hadn't cooked anything special. Because I had planned to prepare vegetable samosa, had steamed potatoes and peas along with rice (in the afternoon). So, I quickly made samosas for him and his friend. Verdict - the dough needed a little more salt; but the samosa tasted good. During the second time, I made fresh dough with a little salt and a teaspoon of ajwain. Now the samosas taste better.

I used whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour (maida). For the filling, I used potatoes, peas, onions, garlic cloves, and masala - red chilli powder, garam masala powder, turmeric powder. Along with these ingredients, added cashews and raisins, and salt. Cooked the filling for sometime, and then let it cool. Rolled the dough, cut into half, made cones, stuffed the filling, and then fried in oil.

Was the first time that I made samosas. Glad that they were edible! Remembered the time when my mom had made samosas; oh, such delicious ones! Of course, any dish that mom prepares tastes yum because of a special ingredient that she puts - mother's love.


Enjoy your evening.

Regards,
Asha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. We would love to read your comment/feedback/reviews. Leave us one!