Tuesday, 4 December 2012

Peg & Pig's Kitchen - Char kway teow with tofu and veggies


Well, it's no secret that I love good food. I love to try different cuisines. And... I love to cook. I had to treat myself to a yummy yet non-spicy and healthy dish; I deserved this little treat.

I understand that Char Kway Teow means stir-fried flat rice noodles, and that's the dish I cooked today at our kitchen. My version has carrots, french beans, bok choy, and garlic, topped with roasted sesame seeds. I used rice vinegar and dark soy sauce to flavor the noodles.

To a hot wok, I added a tablespoon of cooking oil. Added chopped garlic, carrots, and beans. Stirred. Sprinkled sugar, salt, and freshly grounded white pepper. Stirred. Added a dash of rice vinegar and a spoonful of dark soy sauce. Stirred. Just before tossing the boiled flat rice noodles into the wok, added roughly chopped bok choy and neatly chopped tofu. Tossed everything well and let it cook for a minute.

Meanwhile, I made black tea with apricot and peach flavor. Served the noodles with this cup of hot fruit-flavored black tea. Oh, I loved my brunch!


You may also want to see my version of vegan Indian rice noodles.

Regards,
Asha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. We would love to read your comment/feedback/reviews. Leave us one!