Tuesday, 4 September 2012

Peg & Pig's Kitchen - Masala Akki Roti and Majjigehuli


What's cooking at the Peg & Pig's kitchen? Masala Akki Rotti and Majjigehuli!

Akki Rotti is a dish common to most Kannadiga households. I absolutely love this dish especially when mom makes it. I can kiss her hands for making delicious Akki Rottis. 

Today, I used cooked rice that remained from last night, rice flour, green chillies, finely chopped onions and fresh fenugreek leaves, cumin seeds, and salt. I ground the cooked rice along with green chillies. To this, I mixed rice flour, onions, fenugreek leaves, and salt. Mixed everything well. Made small balls of the dough, patted it on the tava, and roasted it well. The rottis are soft and tasty. In case you like it crispy, roast it on low flame for a longer time.


Along with Akki Rotti, I also made Majjigehuli. This is a curry that is again common to Kannadiga households, and yes, I love it. I bought ash gourd last evening, and cut it into long and thin pieces. I cooked them with a pinch of turmeric and salt. For the masala, I grounded coconut, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, fresh ginger and coriander leaves, channa dal, green chillies, a small piece of tamarind, and a pinch of salt. I mixed the masala paste in to the cooked vegetable. When the curry boiled, I switched off the heat, and let the curry cool for a while. To the cooled curry, I added buttermilk. That's all!


Enjoy your Hump Day, Wednesday!

Regards,
Asha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by. We would love to read your comment/feedback/reviews. Leave us one!